Division / Department:
Joint Transport Service
Fixed Term Contract
Working Hours :
Grade / Rank:
£15,483 – £15,876
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Apprentice Vehicle Technician at Chichester.
With the aim of successfully completing NVQ 3 in Motor Vehicle Studies and the potential of becoming a permanent member of staff on completion.
To follow a learning program and assist in the provision of maintenance service and repairs of the latest emergency service vehicles and the technology fitted in them.
The following list is typical of the duties the post holder will be expected to perform. Other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time.
1. Assist technicians in the service, maintenance and repair of police and other agency vehicles to the highest standards.
2. To use and maintain necessary tools and equipment in accordance with correct working practices.
3. Work towards gaining competence in a number of basic tasks in relation to a motor vehicle technicians duties whilst complying with relevant health and safety legislation.
4. Assist with maintaining a clean and tidy work environment.
5. Attend training college during term time, completing all work within target time frames set out in your individual learning plan, following college timetables and tutor instructions.
6. Attend reviews with workshop manager and mentors to discuss all aspects of progress.
7. Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and act in accordance with set policies and procedures.
8. Promote and implement the organisations policies in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
See Job role
Skills & Experience
Passes or predicted passes in a minimum of three GCSE’s at grade C or above, including Maths, English and Science
A basic knowledge of I.T.
A basic knowledge of the Apprentice scheme.
Good organisational and time management skills.
Ability to carry out tasks using own initiative.
Ability to communicate face to face and in writing.
The ability to make a positive contribution to the team.
Willing to attend manufacturers training courses if the opportunity arises.
For Chichester Vehicle Workshop:
Allan Goodland – Workshop Manager
Tel 01273 404157
Email – email@example.com
Sussex Police are committed to providing quality in the service we deliver, the career opportunities we offer our people and to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
The target start date for this position is 29/08/2017
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://sussex.police.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/vacancy-details?nPostingID=3771&nPostingTargetID=7361&option=52&sort=DESC&respnr=1&ID=QZCFK026203F3VBQB8NV78MF7&Resultsperpage=20&lg=UK&mask=susspolext →